What to do After an Auto Accident: A Checklist
Las Vegas Auto Accident Lawyers
In the event you have a car crash, it is crucial that you know which steps to take next. Even if the accident does not at first appear to be serious, there could still be injuries and necessary car repairs, which could lead to legal disputes. Understanding what to do following an accident, including contacting Nobles & Yanez, can ensure your rights are protected.
- Call 311 or 911, depending on the seriousness of the accident
- Do not move your vehicle, unless told to do so by the police
- Determine whether there are any injuries
- Contact your insurance company
- Do not give any statements to the other driver or their insurance company
- Take photos of the accident and surrounding area
- Gather information from other people involved, including car registration, insurance, and Driver’s license
- Gather contact information from any witnesses who saw the accident.
- Call Nobles & Yanez as soon as possible
Even in minor accidents, injuries can occur. Looks for any wounds, sensitivity to areas of your body, and blood. If you or anyone else needs medical assistance, contact police and ask that an ambulance be immediately sent to your location. Keep in mind that even if there are no apparent injuries right away, it can sometimes take days after an accident for symptoms to appear.
Immediately after the accident, you should call Nobles & Yanez. We are experienced personal injury attorneys who have handled thousands of car accident cases and will fight to get you every dollar you deserve and get your life back to normal.